You know those quiet moments when you’ve switched off the lights to your room, laid on the bed and closed your eyes and just awaiting for sleep to overtake you?
Lately, I found my mind taking me to the same thoughts over and over again. During those few seconds before sleep consumes me, my mind never failed to linger to either one or more of the following, depending on how fast I eventually fall asleep:
- Was it just last month that I was in Singapore?
- If only this bed I’m laying on is my bed at home
- So after I sleep, I’ll be waking up to another day away from home?
- 2 and 3/4 more semesters to go till home
- What will I do when I am eventually home?
- I don’t know when I’ll be able to fly back home. When will I get to go home?
- Please Allah, grant me patience and strength to get through this
- Funny how I can laugh and enjoy most of my time here but my heart isn’t entirely here
- I miss seeing my parents’ and brothers’ faces
- I miss my bffs and miss spending time with them
- I miss Mr Winter Sonata and I miss spending time with him
It’s week 3 of school. Another 12 more weeks to go before winter break comes. I can do this, insyaAllah.